Scientist Solutions is a private, woman owned company founded in 2003 by scientists and vendors. We have a big goal to connect the world of life science. Our Events division plays a role to serve as a liaison between suppliers and their technologies and life science institutions/corporations. Whether you register electronically or via email, you are bound by all of the terms on these pages. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
- SSE will schedule events at biotech companies and academic institutions on your behalf.
- SSE will promote the event within the institutions digitally and physically in advance.
- SSE utilizes a top SaaS enterprise software to manage our registration system, providing you with credit card processing, invoicing, receipts and notifications along with other services to streamline our services for your company.
- SSE will arrange all the accommodations for the events and give you detailed logistics to take the stress out of selling. We want you to focus on what you do and not on how to find prospects.
SSE will timely provide you with sales lead information generated at events, whenever possible.
- SSE cannot guarantee that every vendor will participate in all scheduled events, even if you register. Ultimately, the host account make the final decision as to which vendors are allowed to visit. SSE’s goal, however, is to develop and maintain strong relationships with the host companies so they recognize the value of allowing a diverse range of representatives visit their facilities. It is rare for SSE to ever have to refund a registration.
- SSE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to exclude participation by a vendor of any event(s). SSE also reserves the right to exclude any vendor who fails to honor the terms of this agreement.
Vendor Commitments and Expectations: Event Scheduling, Setup, and Break Down Responsibilities:
- Vendors are to arrive 1/2 to 1 hour prior to the scheduled start time. Scientist Solutions Events staff appreciate arrival no sooner than one hour prior to the start of the event so that the room may be set up. Should you arrive early, please wait outside the event area.
- Vendors are responsible for supplying their own extension cords, equipment, or any other supplies that might be needed for those events where the hosting company has approved the use of electricity. We never charge for electricity.
- Vendors are responsible for setting up and arranging their tables with displays in time for the start of the event. If you have additional popups and other stands you may or may not be able to use, depending on space availability.
- Vendors are expected to stay for the duration of the event unless dismissed by SSE staff or the host company’s point of contact.
Vendors are not permitted to visit labs following the show unless invited by institution’s staff.
- Vendors will hold each institution and Scientist Solutions Events, ScientistSolutions.com and BioTech Solutions Enterprise Group, our parent company harmless and agree to list the host institution additional insured on their insurance policy. Any vendor participating in any event must maintain a minimum of $1 million in insurance to cover all forms of liability (see below Additional Matters).
Payment is due in advance of event and vendors are slotted in order of payment. Payments by check are subject to a $25 processing fee.
A. Vendor Cancellation
- Cancellations by vendors made within 10 business days prior to the event date and “no-shows” are non-refundable.
- For Toronto, Hamilton and Ottawa events, cancellations made within 15 days prior to the event date and “no-shows” are non-refundable.
- For Montreal events, cancellations made within 30 days prior to the event date and “no-shows” are non-refundable.
- While not required to, SSE will work with vendors on a case-by-case basis to apply the registration fee as a credit to a future show provided the funds are not needed to pay the current show expenses.
- Approved refunds will be sent by check to the name and address provided by the vendor within 45 days.
B. Rescheduled Shows
- If an event needs to be rescheduled, SSE will do so no less than 2 weeks prior to an event if circumstances allow. Vendors will be notified and registrations will be moved to the new date. SSE will not refund vendor travel and lodging costs.
Vendors who are unable to participate in the rescheduled show shall be given the option of:
- Applying the funds to a future event
- Requesting a refund by check to the name and address provided by the vendor. Refunds shall be processed within 45 days.
- If a show is cancelled due to an Act of God we will make every effort to reschedule to a date in the near future and your registration for the cancelled show will be moved over to the new date. If for any reason a vendor is not able to participate in the new scheduled vendor show date, SSE will issue a credit toward any future show chosen by the vendor, provided that the show is of the same value. If a show is selected that exceeds the value of credit, then an invoice for the difference will be due and payable. If the value of the new selected show is less than the credit, SSE will carry over that credit to any future show.
NOTE: Exceptions to the SSE refund policy will addressed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by SSE Management
- Vendors are required to maintain a minimum insurance policy of $1,000,000.
The information contained in this document along with Institution Snapshots and funding reports is proprietary and strictly prohibited from being distributed to anyone outside the company you represent.
Each participating vendor and the company they represent are solely responsible for their own actions while on the premises of the participating host company. Scientist Solutions Events, Inc. and biotech institutions will not be responsible for any losses, injuries or damages arising from the action of the participating vendors at any time. Vendors are subject to the confidentiality policies of all facilities they visit through SSE whether or not the facility requires them to sign a formal agreement.